Holy Spirit Parish Bursary Offered
Holy Spirit Parish is proud to offer Grade 12 graduates within our Parish boundaries, who are part of our faith community, an opportunity to compete for a $500 scholarship.
The successful participants will be announced Sunday June16, 2020
Applications have to be submitted by Thursday noon May 30, 2020, via email to the office email@example.com
Award for 2020
We are looking for grade 12 graduates who are accepted in a post-secondary education institution beginning in September 2020. Candidates should parish members who exemplify the ideals of our Catholic faith at work in our community schools etc, and a desire to pursue academics to further their education in pursuit of personal growth and career.
The Holy Spirit Parish Award
Holy Spirit Parish will present a $500 bursaries to five successful applicants.
In order to apply, students must answer the following questions in a 350-500 word essay:
- Why is it important for you to pursue your particular post-secondary education?
- Describe any volunteer activities or involvement in extracurricular activities (examples might be involvement in ‘Anti-bullying days’ ‘filling bags for food banks’ ‘filling sandbags for flood victims’, volunteering at church home school or sports, etc). What was the benefit of this activity and what did you learn from it?
- Tell us a bit about yourself
- Is there anything you’d like to add that describes what you have done or seen in your home school or community who makes our community better?
Applications will be accepted until Noon May 30, 2020
Good Luck to all who apply
Awards are not renewable
All applications must:
- be received by email or delivered to the Parish Office by noon Thursday, May 30th, 2019.
- be completed in full
- adhere to the application criteria
- Write a 350-500 word essay.
- Your full name
- Parents name/names
- Civic address (number and street)
- Postal Code
- Email Address
- Phone Number (home and or cell)
A committee will read and score each submission.